Botanical Bebe

Organic, hand-crafted baby clothes and accessories.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Photo Happiness!

You may not know this but it has been my experience that Blankets are really, really challenging to photograph.. well my blankets are!  The reason is simple... They are printed with unique prints, not an all over pattern, or pattern only edges...where you can fold your lovely creations and take some very nice photos that way....and there are some really nice creative ways of doing these photos... but no, Botanical Bebe blankets need a different approach.

It isn't that I haven't been trying out different things along the way.. because I have... and Steph even did some great photos using the folded look... and they were beautiful....but I needed a way of showing the whole pattern.

Also in case you don't know, blankets do not love being hung by pins, on my design wall, even for a very short period of time.  It stresses the fabric and creates the most interesting (not!) folds and wrinkles that do nothing to show the blanket in it's lovely smoothness!!!

When we were at the show, "The Ladies" did a lot of re-organizing when things sold.  I took a photo of one of the last changes... and I don't know whose idea it was but I THANK YOU!!! The idea and photo gave me an ahh haa moment that I think will work perfectly for those blankets of mine :)

From this........


to this........

I love it!!!  And you can see other new blankets, done like this on the website: http://www.botanicalbebe.com/

And Ha HA on me... while trying to show the pattern to best advantage, I forgot that the blankets should actually be folded the same amount if I want consistent photos!!  Good Grief... and that will be another blog shortly. 





No comments:

Post a Comment