Botanical Bebe

Organic, hand-crafted baby clothes and accessories.

Friday, May 20, 2011

So what is happening in the studio these days?

As you can see from my postings here and on both the Botanicalbebe site and my Etsy store, I am spending more time on my studio work this week, which has been very helpful and soothing to my soul ! Add to that an order coming in from one of my most favourite customers, Jennifer at  http://www.bellavitahome.com/ and it is starting to feel a little bit normal around here... which is just lovely.

The weather is starting to improve on the Island (that would be Vanouver Island on the westcoast of BC, Canada :) so even when I am working indoors, printing, printing, printing, it is just so energizing all this wonderful sunshine!

Another one of my customers, who was so understanding and kind, suggested that I create a design to honour my Mom, and once I quit crying... it was such a beautiful suggestion... I started to give this a lot of thought.  Where this thinking has brought me to is a combination of hummingbirds (for both my customer and Mom, as she really loved them too) and Cherry Blossom Branches... she was always amazed that I could create the branch motifs or Columbines which are so wonderfully diverse and a particular favourite of both hers and hummingbirds! This is a wonderfully calming design exercise and I will always be extremely grateful to my dear customer's kindnesses to a complete stranger and this heartfelt suggestion.

I will let you know when it is more on the drawing board than in my head, and will post the progress as the ideas unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment